Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What I'm reading now

Over the past few weeks, I've been occasionally picking up and rereading How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill (is that his name? I can't remember). Except for his discussion of Plato, a very readable book. His discussion of St. Augustine reminded me of the fabulous set piece in Flann O'Brien's The Dalkey Archive. Since Sunday, I've been reading Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs, which is an incredibly readable and entertaining book. I've just read about his ouster from Apple, and I think I want to re-read it again. Today I read a little of Left Early, Took My Dog and also a little of Adam Gopnik's From Paris to the Moon. Gopnik's book seems very entertaining. It reminds me that I've just been dipping into Life Itself, Roger Ebert's memoir, which has some fabulous memories of London, Cannes, and some other parts of France. I look forward to returning to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment