Tuesday, November 17, 2015

What I'm Reading Now

Continuing to read Luckiest Girl Alive, but haven't gotten that much farther.  Have mislaid Rebecca Mead's A Life in Middlemarch (feeling very Bridget Jones now), have read first ten pages of The Paris Architect (chilling right from the beginning), but I picked up The Bookaneer by Matthew Pearl - and while I would really like to get away from reading yet another historical fiction mystery, I have to say it's charming from the outset.  The narrator recalls when, as a 19-year-old, he worked as a waiter on the train and his favorite part of his work was when the book vendor came on the train.  Is it embarrassing to find yet another "book for book lovers only" with a high degree of twee on my reading list? Yes, it is embarrassing and all I can say is that I have known embarrassment before.  

No comments:

Post a Comment