Saturday, March 29, 2014

My to be read list

I currently own or have checked out the following books on my "to be read list":



The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

I see the similarity with the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime.  Not just that the protagonists exist on the autism spectrum, but that the constant interpretation of behavior lends everything an air of mystery and uncertainty.  It engages you early on and has good pacing - the exposition is brief.  I can see why it's been a popular book.

While Beauty Slept by Elizabeth Blackwell

How Paris Became Paris by Joan De Jean


I've begun "How Paris" and I like it .. easy to read, good flow, interesting, not too many details.  It's primarily a book about the 17th century, not the 19th century as I expected.

4/22/14

I've started One Plus One by JoJo Moyes.  I'm only a few pages in but I can also imagine this as a movie .. it reminds me of that movie, Sunshine Cleaning, with Amy Adams and Emily Blount .. I just saw American Hustle the weekend before last, in which Adams was reunited with Alessandro di Novala from June Bug and whose performance in Mansfield Park I remember with fondness.

4/27/2014

Have begun an ARC copy of Natchez Burning by Greg Iles.. I've really only just begun, but I think I'm going to like this book very much.  I must also say I really like the cover.  It has a legal theme, and it reminds me of John Grisham and Scott Turow.  Like Grisham's Sycamore Row, it's set in Mississippi.




No comments:

Post a Comment